My Biodata

Yvonne Ou Yong

yfouyong@gmail.co.uk
Mobile: +6 012 618 5819

Education

1996 - 1999
BA (HONS) FINE ART - PAINTING, Chelsea College Of Art & Design, The London Institute, U.K.

1995 - 1996
DIPLOMA IN FOUNDATION STUDIES, Chelsea College Of Art & Design, The London Institute, U.K.

Artist’s Statement of Intent

My work reflects a journey through phases of life.  This journey is my collective experiences that happen every single moment of the day.  Through these experiences, I seek to culminate an intuitive communion with the natural world, which is the very essence of my work.

My subject of interest on ‘The Essence of Being’ is illustrated in these series of paintings.  This personal on-going study involves themes of the private self, public and social self, and the spiritual self, and its relation to the social, physical and natural environment.


I enjoy working in series and on small scale as the subtle changes in each painting could potentially be developed into a myriad of themes, and hence, totally different.  Medium and material exploration is my passion.  Just like life, it comes with many surprises and unexpected challenges as we continue to make our existence on this earth we called home.

Experience

2010 – Present
Programme coordinator / lecturer, First City University College

2007 – 2009
Full Time Studio Practice / Part Time Art Lecturer, First City University College & SeGI College Subang Jaya

2005 - 2006
Resident Artist, Ode to Art, art gallery in Singapore














Comments